All NC State students, faculty and staff receive an allocation of personal network (AFS) file space that can be used to publish personal Web pages that are accessible via www4.ncsu.edu.
- Personal web pages for students, faculty, and staff
- Class-related web projects
- Follow campus web policies
- Include the disclaimer, “The material located at this site is not endorsed, sponsored or provided by or on behalf of North Carolina State University.” (See www4 Web Service rules.)
- Excepting College of Engineering faculty, staff, and students, avoid incorporating blogs, RSS feeds, and forms as www4 servers do not support use of scripts.
- Definition of Andrew File System (AFS)
- The varied uses of AFS space
- Information on everything AFS-related: http://oit.ncsu.edu/afs
- www4 Setup Utility. For students, faculty members, and staff members of the College of Engineering, set up a web site through Information Technology and Engineering Computer Services (ITECS). For directions, see http://www.eos.ncsu.edu/services/web/.
- Information on Managing your AFS space
- Accessing AFS remotely
- Your AFS Quota Allocation