- For school or as a wiki.
- Portfolio of work, resume, or CV for students, faculty, and staff
- Class projects
- Do NOT use Sites for official outward-facing university business
- Do NOT use Sites to store sensitive or mission critical data.
- For more details, see the university’s Data Sensitivity Framework.
- Do NOT use Sites if you have concerns about Accessibility (see Sites’ Accessibility – Google Apps @ NC State).
- Choose a template you like the look of as customization is difficult in Sites
- Be consistent when combining page level security settings with embedded document level security settings
- Information about Google Sites from Google Apps @ NC StateGoogle Sites Tutorial
- Google Sites Tutorials on YouTube
- Lynda.com – a variety of training – Search for Google Sites
- Google Sites at NC State
- The Google Sites Help Center