Google Sites lets you create and share Web pages and link them to each other as a website.
- For school or as a wiki. See http://edutraining.googleapps.com/sites/chapter-1
- Portfolio of work, resume, or CV for students, faculty, and staff
- Class projects
- Do NOT use Sites for official outward-facing university business
- Do NOT use Sites to store sensitive or mission critical data (see Best Practices for Data Security in Google Apps @ NC State).
- For more details, see the university’s Data Sensitivity Framework.
- Do NOT use Sites if you have concerns about Accessibility (see Sites’ Accessibility – Google Apps @ NC State).
- Choose a template you like the look of as customization is difficult in Sites
- Be consistent when combining page level security settings with embedded document level security settings
- Information about Google Sites from Google Apps @ NC State
- Getting started
- Training | Google Apps @ NC State: Self-paced Learning
- Sites Level 1: The Basics
- Sites Level 2: Classroom Application
- Manage pages in Sites, including page permissions
- Embed documents, gadgets, media, and other Google tools
- Sites How-to Videos from Teachers
- Sites documentation
- The Google Sites Help Center